French variation of Diana"divine"
Diane Origin and Meaning
The name Diane is a girl's name of French origin meaning "divine".
Like Joanne and Christine, middle-aged Diane has been overshadowed by the a-ending version of her name. Diane has a definite mid-century feel; it was a Top 20 name from 1946 to 1959. Though it has several distinguished bearers, including Dianes Sawyer, Keaton, von Furstenberg, Lane, Arbus, Kruger and Farr, it is rarely used for babies today.
20 Names Similar to Diane
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Diane.
Lists containing Diane
- Unique Vintage Names for Girls
- Designer Baby Names
- Midcentury Baby Names
- Top 1940s Baby Names
- Top 1960s Baby Names
- Top 1950s Baby Names
- Coolated Girls' Names
- Most Common Names for Girls
- Jewish Baby Names
Famous People Named Diane
- Diane de France (b. 1538)suo jure Duchess of Angoulême, natural daughter of King Henry II of France
- Diane de Poitiers16th,century French noblewoman, prominent courtier of King Francis I and King Henry II
- Diane ArbusAmerican photographer
- Diane KeatonAmerican actress
- Diane Simone Michelle (Halfin) von FurstenbergBelgian,American fashion designer
- Diane KrugerGerman actress and model, partner of American actor Norman Reedus
- Diane Colleen LaneAmerican actress
- Diane Eve WarrenAmerican songwriter
- Diane FarrAmerican actress
- Diane Gardnerchild actress from film "Gigot"
- Diane Marie Disney Millerdaughter of Walt Disney
- Diane GuerreroAmerican actress and activist
- Diane O'Mearayoung American woman unintentionally involved in the 2013 Manti Te'o hoax case
- Diane FranklinAmerican actress
- Diane NealAmerican actress
- Diane TellCanadian pop,jazz singer,songwriter
- Diane Judith NashAmerican civil rights activist
- Diane Pamela WoodU.S. federal judge
- Diane EnglishAmerican screenwriter, producer, and director
- Diane Ladd (born Rose Diane Ladner)American actress
- (Lila) Diane SawyerAmerican TV journalist
- Diane Julie AbbottBritish Shadow Home Secretary
- Diane Kathleen MurphyAmerican former child actress, twin sister Erin Murphy
Diane in Pop Culture
- Diane Johnsonyoung daughter on TV's "Black,ish"
- Diane Nixonmain character in 2011 film "The Good Doctor," played by Riley Keough
- Diane "Jackie" Torrancecharacter in "Castle Rock"
- "Jack and Diane" 2012 film starring Juno Temple as Diane
- Diane Freelingone of the lead characters in "Poltergeist," played by JoBeth Williams
- Dianemain character in 2012 film "Peace, Love, and Misunderstanding," played by Catherine Keener
- Dianecharacter on TV's "Episodes"
- Dianelead character in 1937 film "Seventh Heaven"
- "Diane" theme song from 1937 film "Seventh Heaven," starring Simone Simon and Jimmy Stewart
- Diane Holmescharacter in TV movie "Under the Mistletoe"
- Diane Chamberscharacter on TV's "Cheers"
- Diane Lockhartcharacter in TV's "The Good Wife/Fight," played by Christine Baranski
- Diane Symondscharacter in "Sister Mary Ignatius Explains It All for You"
- Diane Barrowscharacter in film "It Takes Two"
- Diane Jenkinscharacter from American soap "The Young and the Restless"
- Diane SterlingFornell,Gibbs, a character in "NCIS"
- Dianecharacter on TV's "The Strain"
- Pinkamena Diane Piecharacter in animated series "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic"
- Dianecharacter on AMC's "The Walking Dead"
- Dianecharacter in book/TV series "Alias Grace"
- "Jack and Diane" song by John Cougar Mellencamp
- "Little Diane" song by Dion
- "My Diane" song by The Beach Boys
- "Oh Diane" song by Fleetwood Mac from the album "Mirage"
- "Diane Young" song by Vampire Weekend
- "Diane" 1956 film about Diane de Poitiers, with Lana Turner
- Diane's BeachwearCalifornia clothing store
- Steak Diane
- Dianecharacter from the manga and anime series "The Seven Deadly Sins"
- Diane Nguyenfeminist/author character on "BoJack Horseman"
- Diane Courtco,lead character in iconic film "Say Anything," played by Ione Skye
- Dianecharacter from book "Glorious Veils of Diane"