Russian or Persian, variation of Daria or feminine form of Darius"kingly or the sea"
Darya Origin and Meaning
The name Darya is a girl's name of Russian origin meaning "kingly or the sea".
The exotic Darya is the name of a character in Tolstoy's Anna Karenina. As a Russian name, it's a spelling variation of Daria, while in Iran, it's a girl's name that means "the sea".
20 Names Similar to Darya
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Darya.
Lists containing Darya
Famous People Named Darya
- Darya Vladimirovna DomrachevaBelarusian Olympic biathlete
- Darya KustovaBelarusian tennis player
- Darya PchelnikBelarusian Olympic hammer thrower
- Darya Vitalyevna PishchalnikovaRussian Olympic discus thrower
- Darya Petrovna SaltykovaRussian lady in waiting to Catherine the Great
- Darya Vladimirovna PoverennovaRussian actress
Darya in Pop Culture
- Darya "Dolly" Alexandrovna Oblonskayacharacter in Leo Tolstoy's "Anna Karenina"