Cuthbert Origin and Meaning
The name Cuthbert is a boy's name of English origin meaning "famous, brilliant".
Years ago we might have said that this name was unthinkable, but with old-fashioned names being so popular right now (consider Atticus, Leonidas, Arthur, Jasper, Augustus etc) what's to stop Cuthbert from becoming more wearable? Bertie is a cute (and very fashionable) nickname option for this grand old name.
20 Names Similar to Cuthbert
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Cuthbert.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Cuthbert
Famous People Named Cuthbert
- Saint Cuthbert6th,century hermit who became the bishop of Lindisfarne (an island off the coast of England); he was known for performing healing miracles, and had 72 churches dedicated to him
- CuthbertLord Collingwood (1748,1810), British admiral during the Napoleonic Wars
Cuthbert in Pop Culture
- Cuthbert Helmsdalelustful Bishop of Melchester in Thomas Hardy's "Two on a Tower" (1882)
- Cuthbert Clarea character in Hardy's "Tess of the D'Urbervilles"
- Matthew CuthbertMarilla Cuthbert, and Walter Cuthbert Blythe, characters in the "Anne of Green Gables" series by L.M. Montgomery
- Cuthbert Binnsghost, History of Magic professor in the "Harry Potter" series
- Cuthbert de Lancemain character in G. A. Henty's "Winning His Spurs"
- Cuthbert Allgoodcharacter from Stephen King's "Dark Tower" series
- Cuthbert Calculusa scientist in "Adventures of Tintin"
- Cuthbert Rumboldfrom BBC's Are You Being Served?