Astoria Origin and Meaning
The name Astoria is a girl's name.
Long more associated with the New York Waldorf- hotel and the neighborhood in Queens than as a baby name, Astoria is finally beginning to emerge from their shadow and find favor with parents looking to move beyond Brooklyn. The name Astoria is drawn from the surname of titan of industry John Jacob Astor, theorized to mean "hawk."
20 Names Similar to Astoria
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Astoria.
Lists containing Astoria
Famous People Named Astoria
- Annunciata Astoria Cocchetti (18001882), Italian Roman Catholic professed religious and the founder of the Suore di Santa Dorotea di Cemmo , an order dedicated to the educational needs of the poor in Brescia and the surrounding cities
Astoria in Pop Culture
- Astoria Greengrasscharacter in the 'Harry Potter' series; married to Draco Malfoy
- AstoriaWaldorf's wife on TV's The Muppet Show
- AstoriaEphebian goddess of love in Terry Pratchett's Discworld series
- Astoriacharacter in comic book series Cerebus the Aardvark
- AstoriaQueens, New York, USA
- AstoriaOregon, USA (where they filmed “the goonies”)
- "Astoria" song and album by band Marianas Trench
- Astoriastation in Budapest metro, Hungary
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.