Zelie Origin and Meaning
The name Zelie is a girl's name of French origin meaning "noble".
A cute, zippy French saint's name that's picking up in popularity there, and starting to in the US as well. Zélie originated as a short form of Azélie, thought to derive from Adelaide via the Occitan form Azalaïs. Saint Zélie was born Marie-Azélie.
20 Names Similar to Zelie
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Zelie.
Famous People Named Zelie
- Zélie de LussanAmerican mezzo,soprano
- Saint MarieAzelie "Zelie" Guérin Martin, mother of Saint Therese de Lisieux
Zelie in Pop Culture
- Zeliebaby in the French film "Comme les autres"
- Zelieillustrated children's comic book series in France
- Zelie St. Pierrecharacter in "Villette" by Charlotte Bronte
- Latinized form of Zelia; Saint Soline is called Zelie in some texts from the 15th century