English"friend's hill or burial mound"
Winslow Origin and Meaning
The name Winslow is both a boy's name and a girl's name of English origin meaning "friend's hill or burial mound".
Winslow, despite its creative connection to the distinguished American painter Winslow Homer, does still retain remnants of the image of a Victorian boy in a sailor suit, making Winston or even just Win a preferable modern choice.
20 Names Similar to Winslow
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Winslow.
Famous People Named Winslow
- Winslow HomerAmerican painter
- Winslow George AndersonAmerican painter and ceramicist
- Winslow Paul OliverAmerican NFL player
- Joshua Winslow GrobanAmerican singer
Winslow in Pop Culture
- Winslow SchottSr. and Winslow "Winn" Schott, Jr., characters in DC Universe
- Winslow Harrisoncharacter in DC Universe
- Winslow T. Oddfellowa blue rat on animated series "CatDog"
- Winslow Leachmain character in 1974 horror film "Phantom of the Paradise"
- Frasier Winslow Cranecharacter on TV's "Cheers" and "Frasier"
- Winslowfamily name on TV's "Family Matters"
- "The Winslow Boy" play and film about main character Ronnie Winslow
- WinslowArizona, USA