French variation of Taylor"tailor"
Thayer Origin and Meaning
The name Thayer is both a boy's name and a girl's name of French origin meaning "tailor".
Thayer is an affable, less-common alternative to Taylor, with a much more indirect connection to its occupational source. Actor Thayer David (born David Thayer: Thayer was his father's first name) was known for his roles in Rocky and Dark Shadows.
20 Names Similar to Thayer
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Thayer.
Famous People Named Thayer
- Thayer David (born David Thayer Hersey)American actor
- Thayer Frye HerseyAmerican paper executive; father of actor Thayer David
- Thayer MelvinAmerican judge and politician from West Virginia
Thayer in Pop Culture
- Thayer Rybeckcharacter in the Lying Game (book and TV series)
- Rianne Thayercharacter in the Aloha Cove series.