Irish"illustrious and mighty"
Roark Origin and Meaning
The name Roark is boy's name of Irish origin meaning "illustrious and mighty".
This distinguished surname belonged to one of Ireland's great princely families. Its many variations include Rourke (as in actor Mickey), and O'Rourke. The family surname is thought to be one of the oldest in the world, originating in the tenth century, following the death of a young prince named Ruarc. It has literary cred via Howard Roark, the protagonist of Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead.
20 Names Similar to Roark
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Roark.
Lists containing Roark
Famous People Named Roark
- Roark CritchlowCanadian actor
- Roark BradfordAmerican fiction writer
- RoarkAmerican singer,songwriter
- Roark GourleyAmerican painter and sculptor
Roark in Pop Culture
- Howard Roarkcharacter in "The Fountainhead"
- RoarkGym Leader in Pokemon video game series
- Roark familyvillains in the "Sin City" series
- Victor 'Roark' Westervelt IIIcharacter from Sophia Elaine Hanson's Vinyl trilogy