Hebrew"friend of God"
Reuel Origin and Meaning
The name Reuel is boy's name meaning "friend of God".
This soft-yet-sturdy Biblical name belonged to Moses’ father-in-law (also called Jethro) and was the second middle name of J.R.R. Tolkien.
20 Names Similar to Reuel
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Reuel.
Lists containing Reuel
- Biblical Baby Names
- Names That Mean Friend or Friendly
- Friendly Dog Names
- Bible Names for Boys
- Unusual Biblical Baby Names
Famous People Named Reuel
- Reuelson of Esau, grandson of Abraham (1 Chr. 1:35)
- Reuelnother name for Jethro, father,in,law of Moses in the Bible (Numbers 10:29)
- Reuel (Deuel)father of Eliasaph, captian of the tribe of Gad (Num. 2:14)
- Reuelfather of Shephathiah, son of Ibnijah (1 Chr. 9:8)
- Reuel WilliamsU.S. Senator from Maine
- Reuel DenneyAmerican poet
- Reuel Anson LochoreNew Zealand diplomat
- Reuel WashburnAmerican judge and politician
- John Ronald Reuel "J.R.R." TolkienEnglish novelist
Reuel in Pop Culture
- Pronounced "rool" or "rooEL"