Irish, short form of Fionnuala"white shoulders"
Nuala Origin and Meaning
The name Nuala is a girl's name of Irish origin meaning "white shoulders".
Officially a shortening of the traditional and tricky Gaelic Fionnghuala/Fionnuala, Nuala makes a lovely choice all on its own. Nuala is well-used in Ireland.
20 Names Similar to Nuala
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Nuala.
Famous People Named Nuala
- Nuala Ní ConchobairQueen Consort of Ulaidh as the wife of Ruaidrí Mac Duinn Sléibe and Princess of Connacht as the daughter of Ruaidrí Ua Conchobair
- Nuala Hydedaughter of Douglas Hyde, first President of Ireland
- Nuala Ní DhomhnaillIrish poet
- Nuala Patricia O'LoanBaroness O'Loan, Irish peer
- Nuala O'FaolainIrish journalist and writer
- Nuala HollowayMiss Ireland 1974; Miss International 1975
- Nuala KennedyIrish composer
- Nuala Ní ChonchúirIrish novelist and poet
- Nuala FennellIrish economist and politician
Nuala in Pop Culture
- Princess Nualacharacter in Hellboy II: The Golden Army
- Nuala Anne McGrailcharacter in mystery novel series by Father Andrew M. Greeley.
- The selkie character in the film The Secret of Roan Inish
- Nualaa character in Sarah J Maas's "A Court of Thorns and Roses"