Greek"victory of the people"
Nicodemus Origin and Meaning
The name Nicodemus is boy's name of Greek origin meaning "victory of the people".
This rarely used New Testament name could make an unusual route to the cool nickname Nico. Nicodemus (Noddy) Boffin is a character in the Dickens novel Our Mutual Friend.
20 Names Similar to Nicodemus
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Nicodemus.
Famous People Named Nicodemus
- NicodemusBiblical Pharisee
- Saint Nicodemus the HagioriteGreek Orthodox mystic
- Saint Nicodemus of Mammola (or of Cirò)Italian monk
- Nicodemus Tessin the Elder and YoungerSwedish architects
- Nicodemus ben Gurion1st century wealthy resident of Jerusalem who may have been the Biblical Nicodemus
- Nicodemusstage name of Cecil Wellington, Jamaican reggae DJ
- Philipp Nicodemus FrischlinGerman philologist
- Nicodemus Hieronymus Alois Georg Hubertus Mario Hugo Eusebius Maria (b. 2001)Hereditary Prince of Löwenstein,Wertheim,Rosenberg, son of late racing driver Leo Löwenstein; grandson and heir of Prince Alois,Konstantin
- Nicodemus León "Nico" DiMarco (b. 2015)son of Christian singer Kristene DiMarco
Nicodemus in Pop Culture
- Dr. Nicodemus Westcharacter in Marvel Universe
- Nicodemus Dumpsbank clerk in Dickens's Sketches by Boz (1836); Charles Kitterball's "cross, cadaverous and ill,natured" uncle
- Nicodemusrat character in book/film "The Secret of NIMH"
- Nicodemuscharacter in Rainbow Rowell's "Carry On"
- Nicodemus "Nico"horse in Once Upon a Time