Greek mythology name
Lamia Origin and Meaning
The name Lamia is a girl's name of Greek origin.
Name of mythological fiend who seduced young men and then ate them, which inspired the Keats poem "Lamia." Described in mythology as a snake with the head and breasts of a woman, this name has been considered in modern times as a vampire name. And if all that isn't discouraging enough, there's the "lame" connection.
20 Names Similar to Lamia
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Lamia.
Famous People Named Lamia
- Lamia VoxRussian musical artist
Lamia in Pop Culture
- Lamia Sonmezmain character in Turkish TV series "Kismet"
- LamiaGreek mythology: Queen of Libya who devoured children
- "Lamia" poem by English poet John Keats
- Lamiaevil witch in Stardust played by Michelle Pfeiffer
- LamyaArabic name meaning "having beautiful dark lips"