Spanish for Greek flower name"hyacinth"
Jacinta Origin and Meaning
The name Jacinta is girl's name of Spanish origin meaning "hyacinth".
Jacinta, the Spanish word for hyacinth, is a lot softer and sweeter than the English version. The correct Spanish pronunciation is ha-SEEN-ta, though many English speakers would say ja-SIN-ta. Although the name is slightly different, Jacinta is largely associated at present with Australian-born actress Jacinda Barrett.
20 Names Similar to Jacinta
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Jacinta.
Famous People Named Jacinta
- Saint Jacinta MartoPortuguese "child of Fátima" who witnessed religious apparitions
- Jacinta ParejoFirst Lady of Venezuela as wife of President Joaquín Crespo
- Jacinta Claudia JohnAustralian actress
- Jacinta Patrice StapletonAustralian actress
- Jacinta Marie AllanAustralian politician
- Jacinta Anne KennedyAustralian basketball player
- Jacinta Mary Ann CollinsAustralian Senator
- Jacinta Joan ColemanNew Zealand cyclist
- Jacinta BrondgeestAustralian,American singer
Jacinta in Pop Culture
- Jacintaa space heater named by Gina on TV's "Brooklyn Nine Nine"