Hadley Origin and Meaning
The name Hadley is both a boy's name and a girl's name of English origin meaning "heather field".
Hadley, most famous as the name of Ernest Hemingway's first wife, is more sophisticated, professional, and modern than cousins Harley, Haley, or Hayden. The hit book The Paris Wife, a novel by Paula McLain told from the point of view of Hadley Hemingway (born Elizabeth Hadley Richardson), has helped popularize the name, which also appears on the vampire show True Blood. Hadley could become this generation's Hailey. Adley, a mashup of Hadley and Addie, has also appeared on the scene.
# 112 in the US
Hadley Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Hadley
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Hadley.
Famous People Named Hadley
- (Elizabeth) Hadley Richardsonwife of American novelist Ernest Hemingway
- Hadley DelanyAmerican actress
- Hadley FreemanAmerican fashion journalist
- Hadley WaltsAmerican dancer on TV's "Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition"
- Felicity Rose Hadley JonesEnglish actress
- Hadley Youngdaughter of gymnast Guard Young
- Arin Hadley Gilliland WrightAmerican soccer player
- Hadley Hedrick (b. 2009)daughter of speed skater Chad Hedrick
- Hadley Spillane (b. 2011)daughter of Nordic skier Johnny Spillane
- Hadley Grace Witten (b. 2014)daughter of NFL player Jason Witten
Hadley in Pop Culture
- Hadley Jonescharacter in "The Entwine Series: Entrap" by Elijah Jones
- Hadley Sullivancharacter in "The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight" by Jennifer E. Smith
- Hadleycharacter in the Entwined series