Latinate form of Eleanor, meaning unknown
Eleanora Origin and Meaning
The name Eleanora is girl's name of Spanish, Italian origin.
Eleanor is back, Nora is back, and soon Eleanora will be too. Off the charts since the 1930s, this elaboration of the classic Eleanor was in common use for decades before falling from favor. Spelling Eleonora adds yet another syllable to make the pronunciation el-LAY-oh-nor-a, and you can try to instruct people to say Eleanora that way too, but most will pronounce it like Eleanor with an a at the end and that's just fine. That final vowel gives a serious, stately name a little flip at the end, making it more elaborate and Latinate.
# 997 in the US
Eleanora Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Eleanora
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Eleanora.
Famous People Named Eleanora
- Eleanora Faganbirth name of American singer Billie Holiday
- Eleanora DuseItalian actress
- Eleanora SearsAmerican tennis player
- Eleanora EhrenbergůCzech soprano
- Eleanora Luisa GonzagaDuchess of Rovere and Montefeltro as wife of Francesco Maria de' Medici
- Eleonora Maria Josefa Rosa Filipa Miguela Gabriela Rafaela Gonzaga de Orléans e Bragança e WittelsbachPrincess of Ligne, wife of Michel, 14th Prince of Ligne
- Eleanora HopeBob Hope's daughter
Eleanora in Pop Culture
- Eleanorashort story by Edgar Allan Poe
- Eleanorasong recorded by Percy Faith
- Eleanoracharacter in the Seer of Shadows by Avi
- Eleanora Poecharacter in "A Series of Unfortunate Events"