Diminutive of Donald, Scottish"proud chief"
Don Origin and Meaning
The name Don is boy's name of Scottish origin meaning "proud chief".
Short form of Donald -- or more stylishly, Donahue or Donovan -- that's acquired a new sixties-era suaveness thanks to Mad Man Don Draper. The name also carries a Sopranos or Godfather-style double entendre.
20 Names Similar to Don
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Don.
Famous People Named Don
- Donald Frank "Don" CheadleAmerican actor
- Donald Jay "Don" RicklesAmerican comedian
- Jesse Donald "Don" KnottsAmerican actor/comedian
- Donnie Wayne "Don" JohnsonAmerican actor
- Isaac Donald "Don" EverlyAmerican musician of The Everly Brothers
- Don "HalfPint" Santos, American singer formerly of R&B group Immature
- Donald "Don" TallonAustralian cricketer
- Donald Allan "Don" DunstanAustralian politician
- Donald John "Don" TrumpJr., businessman and son of U.S. President Donald Trump
- Donald Ray "Don" WilliamsAmerican country singer
- Donald Tai Loy "Don" HoAmerican pop singer
Don in Pop Culture
- Donald Francis "Don" Drapermain character on TV's "Mad Men"
- Donald "Don" Eppescharacter on TV's "Numb3rs"
- Don ArgentisHigh Entia man and Father of En and Zel Argentis in Xenoblade Chronicles
- Don Lockwoodmain character in “Singin in the Rain”
- Dona Spanish, Portuguese, southern Italian, and Filipino title, given as a mark of respect
- Dona crime boss, especially in the Mafia
- Dona resident assistant or tutor at a university
- Don Lothariocharacter in the Sims franchise
- Doncharacter in the manga/anime series "The Promised Neverland"