Persian or Greek"sun or throne, or lord"
Cyra Origin and Meaning
The name Cyra is girl's name of Persian origin meaning "sun or throne, or lord".
Cyra is an unusual name that can be pronounced either SEER-a or CY-ra. This name may be a feminine variation of Cyrus but is also a Persian name that stands on its own. One noted bearer is writer Cyra McFadden.
20 Names Similar to Cyra
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Cyra.
Lists containing Cyra
- Space Baby Names
- Romantic Baby Names for Girls
- June Baby Names
- Cool Girl Names from Ancient Cultures
- Names That Mean Hope
- Names That Mean Sun
- Remarkable Weather Baby Names
- Unique Girl Names Ending with A
- Names That Mean Gold
- Jewish Baby Names
- Golden Retriever Names
- Hot Names That Mean Fire
- Leo Baby Names
Famous People Named Cyra
- Saint Cyraearly Irish abbess of Kilcrea
- Cyra McFaddenAmerican memoirist
Cyra in Pop Culture
- Cyra NoavekCharacter from Veronica Roth's Carve The Mark