Cecelia Origin and Meaning
The name Cecelia is a girl's name of Latin origin meaning "blind".
Cecelia, with this spelling, got some recent attention as the name of Jim and Pam's baby on The Office -- and also the name of actress Jenna Fischer's newborn niece. A spelling variation of Cecilia that has a gently old-fashioned feel and several appealing short forms, including Celia, Celie, and, as on the TV show, Cece. Three times as many babies are given the Cecilia spelling as get the Cecelia one, though if you plan on calling your daughter Cece or Celia, Cecelia may feel like the more logical spelling.
# 522 in the US
Cecelia Rank in US Top 1000
# 502 on Nameberry
Cecelia Rank in Nameberry Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Cecelia
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Cecelia.
Famous People Named Cecelia
- Cecelia Anastasia HollandAmerican novelist
- Cecelia AgerAmerican film critic
- Cecelia AhernIrish Author
- Cecilia BeauxAmerican portraitist
- Cecelia "CeCe" FreyAmerican singer
- Cecelia Eve Gershensondaughter of CNN anchor Kate Bolduan
Cecelia in Pop Culture
- Cecelia Monksupporting character in the film "Crossing Delancy" who pronounced it Ca,chill,ya
- Cecelia Trevenencharacter from "What Real Life Is"
- Cecelia Adlehydecharacter from video game "Wild Arms"
- Cecelia Marie "Cece" Halpertfirst born daughter of Pam and Jim Halpert on the show "The Office"
- (Another way of spelling Cecelia is Cecillia)
- Cecelia Bradycharacter from the unfinished novel "The Love of the Last Tycoon" by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Cecelia Jones (CeCe) on the Disney Channel show "Shake It Up"