Feminine variation of Brian"strong, virtuous, honorable"
Briana Origin and Meaning
The name Briana is a girl's name of Irish origin meaning "strong, virtuous, honorable".
Spelled this way, Briana was coined by Edmund Spenser for his great literary work, The Faerie Queene, which gives the now-overexposed name a far classier pedigree than it's usually credited with. But spelling variations Breana, Breanna and onward are popular too, though feel more invented -- probably because they are. One enduring appeal of Briana and sisters is that they're girl names that mean strong, brave, or powerful, which may be why George R. R. Martin names his warrior maiden Brienne of Tarth.
# 539 in the US
Briana Rank in US Top 1000
# 805 on Nameberry
Briana Rank in Nameberry Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Briana
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Briana.
Famous People Named Briana
- Briana BarbaraJane Evigan, American actress and dancer
- Briana Collette ScurryAmerican soccer goalkeeper
- Briana ShepherdAmerican ballet dancer
- Briana CulbersonAmerican reality TV personality ("Real Housewives of OC")
- Briana CorriganNorthern Irish singer for band The Beautiful South
- Briana BlairAmerican cheerleader and model
- Briana BanksGerman adult film actress
- Briana RoyAmerican actress
- Briana MarelaAmerican musician
- Briana ScottAmerican Christian singer
- Briana RamirezRial, American singer and contestant on "American Idol"
- Briana LaneAmerican actress
- Briana Jungwirthfriend of singer Louis Tomlinson
- Briana Wirtz (b. 2002)daughter of skater Kristy Sargeant and Kris Wirtz
- Briana BuckmasterCanadian actress