Flower name from English"blue bell"
Bluebell Origin and Meaning
The name Bluebell is girl's name of English origin meaning "blue bell".
Bluebell is one flower name that is used very quietly. Geri "Ginger Spice" Halliwell joined her former Spice Sisters in creative baby-naming with this adventurous -- some might say outlandish -- choice. Distinctive and charming? Or better suited to a farmyard animal? Your call.
20 Names Similar to Bluebell
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Bluebell.
Famous People Named Bluebell
- Ami Bluebell DolenzAmerican actress; daughter of singer Micky Dolenz
- Bluebell Madonna Halliwell (b. 2006)daughter of singer Geri "Ginger Spice" Halliwell
- Gracie Bluebell Sloane (b. 2010)daughter of actor Barry Sloane and designer Katy O'Grady
Bluebell in Pop Culture
- "Bluebell in Fairyland" an Edwardian musical
- Bluebellbrand of ice cream
- Bluebellthe mutated glow,in,the,dark rabbit on TV's "Sherlock"
- Bluebelltown on TV's "Hart of Dixie"
- "BlueBell Knoll"an album by the Cocteau Twins
- Used to some extent as a first name when flower names were in vogue at the end of the 19th century. Now rare in Britainperhaps because it became a favourite name for a cow before numbers and code,names became the norm in farming circles.
- Margaret Leibovici OBEknown as Miss Bluebell, was an Irish dancer who was the founder of the Bluebell Girls dance troupe