Amasa Origin and Meaning
The name Amasa is boy's name meaning "burden".
Amasa is a rare Biblical name borne by two figures. One is the son of Abigail and nephew of King David, who named him commander of the rebels. This Amasa met a tragic end when he was murdered by Joab. The other Biblical Amasa was one of the Children of Ephraim.
Lists containing Amasa
Famous People Named Amasa
- AmasaBiblical nephew of David
- Amasaone of the heads of the children of Ephraim, son of Hadlai (2 Chr. 28:12)
- (Amasa) Leland StanfordAmerican industrialist and governor of California
- Amasa CobbU.S. Congressman from Wisconsin and Civil War officer
- Amasa Coleman Leelawyer and politician, father of novelist Harper Lee and inspiration for her character Atticus Finch
- Amasa WalkerU.S. Congressman from Massachusetts
- Amasa NorcrossU.S. Congressman from Massachusetts
- Amasa Mason LymanAmerican Mormon leader
- Amasa DanaU.S. Congressman from New York
- Amasa Junius ParkerU.S. Congressman and New York Supreme Court justice