English from German"old"
Aldous Origin and Meaning
The name Aldous is boy's name of English origin meaning "old".
Aldous has long been associated with British writer Huxley, author of Brave New World. So many of these rare British names are starting to be reconsidered by the literary or hipster crowds and this one, considering its pedigree, deserves the renewed interest.
20 Names Similar to Aldous
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Aldous.
Famous People Named Aldous
- Aldous HuxleyEnglish writer, best known for his novel "Brave New World"
- Aldous HardingNew Zealand female singer,songwriter
Aldous in Pop Culture
- Dr. Aldous Leekiecharacter in "Orphan Black"
- Aldous Snowcharacter in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and "Get Him to the Greek"
- Aldous Raeburncharacter in "Marcella" by Mrs Humphry Ward
- Aldous Vanderboomcharacter in the Cube Escape and Rusty Lake series. (Alias Mr. Crow)