Hebrew"the Lord has remembered"
Zechariah Origin and Meaning
The name Zechariah is a boy's name of Hebrew origin meaning "the Lord has remembered".
Zechariah is actually the original Biblical form of the name more often found these days as Zachariah, probably because of the popularity of Zachary. People are going to have trouble getting Zechariah because they won't understand the Zech part. This name, in whatever form, begs to be shortened in the modern world to Zach (or Zac or Zack).
# 924 in the US
Zechariah Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Zechariah
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Zechariah.
Famous People Named Zechariah
- Zechariahson of Jehiel; great,uncle of King Saul (1 Chr. 9:37)
- Zechariahof the tribe of Reuben (1 Chr. 5:7)
- ZechariahLevite in King David's day (1 Chr. 16:5)
- Zechariahfather of Jahaziel; a Levite (2 Chr. 20:14)
- Zechariahprince in King Jehoshaphat's time (2 Chr. 17:7)
- Zechariahson of Jehoiada the priest (2 Chr. 24:20)
- Zechariah"who had understanding in the visions of God"; lived in the reign of Judean King Uzziah (2 Chr. 26:5)
- Zechariahgrandfather of Judean King Hezekiah (2 Chr. 29:1)
- Zechariahson of Jeberechiah (Isaiah 8:2)
- Zechariahson of Asaph; Levite in King Hezekiah's day (2 Chr. 29:13)
- Zechariahking of Israel
- ZechariahLevite overseer of Temple repairers in King Josiah's day (2 Chr. 34:12)
- Zechariahfather of Uzziah; grandfather of Athaiah (Nehemiah 11:4)
- Zechariahof the sons of Elam (Ezra 10:23)
- Zechariahporter of the door of the Tabernacle; son of Meshelemiah (1 Chr. 9:21)
- Zechariah the prophet; son of Iddo (Ezra 5:1)
- Zechariahson of Bebai; returned to Israel with Ezra (Ezra 8:11)
- ZechariahBiblical figure; father of John the Baptist; a priest of the sons of Aaron; prophet (Luke 1:67,79)
- Zechariah ChafeeAmerican First Amendment scholar
- Xavier Zechariah Wade (b. 2013)son of basketball player Dwyane Wade
Zechariah in Pop Culture
- Zechariahthirty,eighth book in the Bible