Wilma Origin and Meaning
The name Wilma is a girl's name of German, Scottish, Swedish origin meaning "resolute protection".
In the US, Wilma is appears to be eternally fossilized in Bedrock as Fred Flintstone's wife, but in Sweden it's a Top 10 hottie. It did have its moment in the US--from 1912 to 1940 it was a Top 100 name. One notable namesake: track and field star Wilma Rudolph.
20 Names Similar to Wilma
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Wilma.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Wilma
Famous People Named Wilma
- Wilma Glodean RudolphAmerican Olympic sprinter
- (Wilma) Jeanne CooperAmerican actress
- Wilma Pearl MankillerNative American Cherokee chief
- Wilma L. VaughtAmerican Air Force brigadier general
- Wilhelmine Maria Franziska "Wilma" NerudaLady Hallé, Czech violinist
Wilma in Pop Culture
- Wilma Flintstonecharacter on "The Flintstones"
- Wilma Tenderfootcharacter in a book series by Emma Kennedy
- Wilma/Wilhelmina "Will" the Guardian of Quintessence in "W.I.T.C.H," a comic book and animated series
- Wilmacharacter from movie "Dude, Where's My Car?"
- Wilma Dean "Deanie" Loomischaracter in play/film "Splendor in the Grass"