English"farm near the river"
Wharton Origin and Meaning
The name Wharton is a boy's name of English origin meaning "farm near the river".
Wharton is a rather stiff banker name that becomes creative as a middle name choice for lovers of the novels of writer Edith.
Lists containing Wharton
Famous People Named Wharton
- Wharton EscherickAmerican sculptor and designer
- Wharton Peers "Wattie" DaviesWelsh rugby footballer
- Dabney Wharton ColemanAmerican actor
- William WhartonAmerican writer
- Edith WhartonAmerican writer and designer
Wharton in Pop Culture
- Harry Whartoncharacter in "Marcella" by Mrs Humphry War
- Wharton School of BusinessUniversity of Pennsylvania, USA