French, German, Russian, Czech, Scandinavian variation of Valentine"strength, health"
Valentin Origin and Meaning
The name Valentin is a boy's name of German, French, Scandinavian origin meaning "strength, health".
Romantic name used throughout Europe, though sure to lead to pronunciation problems here. Though it's never been too widely used in the US, it's quite popular in Switzerland, France, Austria, and Romania.
# 840 in the US
Valentin Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Valentin
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Valentin.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Valentin
Famous People Named Valentin
- Valentin Aleksandrovich "Val" ChmerkovskiyUkrainian,American dancer on Dancing with the Stars
- (Valentin Louis Georges Eugène) Marcel ProustFrench novelist
- Valentin CeaușescuRomanian physicist; son of Romanian president Nicolae Ceaușescu
- Valentin FriedlandGerman Reformation scholar
- Valentin Gasper GjokajAlbanian footballer
- Valentin Yakovlevich ParnakhRussian jazz musician
- Valentin PlătăreanuRomanian actor
- Valentín ElizaldeMexican banda musician
- Valentin "Val" BettinAmerican voice actor
- Valentin Hoepner (b. 1986)son of actress Pola Kinski and Wolfgang Hoepner
- Valentin Francesco Monteverde (b. 2013)son of director Alejandro Monteverde and actress Ali Landry
Valentin in Pop Culture
- Valentincharacter in book/film "Blue is the Warmest Color"