Geographical name"strength, health"
Vale Origin and Meaning
The name Vale is a girl's name.
Today Show anchor Savannah Guthrie put this name of a geographical feature on the baby name map when she chose it for her newborn daughter, Vale Guthrie Feldman. Vale might be considered part nature name, part place name: A vale is a kind of valley, often used in poetry. This truly unique choice doesn't even register on the US extended list of names given to five babies or more, but we expect Vale to register as parents are inspired by Guthrie and husband Mike Feldman's creative choice. More prosaicly, Vale might be a short form of Valerie or Valentina.
20 Names Similar to Vale
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Vale.
Lists containing Vale
- Unique Baby Names: Unusual and Rare
- Beautiful Bohemian Names for Girls
- Unique Middle Names for Girls
- Unusual Baby Names
- Middle Names for Girls
- One-Syllable Middle Names for Girls
- Cool Winter Baby Names
- One-Syllable Baby Names
- Middle Names for Baby Girls and Boys
- One Syllable Girl Names
- English Word Names
- Wonderful Word Names
- Celebrity Girl Names
- Unique Celebrity Baby Names
Famous People Named Vale
- Vale Guthrie Feldmandaughter of "Today Show's" Savannah Guthrie and Mike Feldman
Vale in Pop Culture
- Vicki Valecharacter in Batman comics
- "Welcome to Night Vale" fictional news podcast
- The Valelocation in Game of Thrones
- "Vale of tears" Christian phrase (this world as a place of trouble)
- Latin word valepronounced "vah,lay",farewell!" (second person singular imperative of valere = "be well, be strong")