Solveig Origin and Meaning
The name Solveig is a girl's name of Scandinavian origin meaning "the strong house or daughter of the sun".
Common in Scandinavia, this name has rarely come to our shores. The name of the heroine in Ibsen's Peer Gynt, Solveig is currently a widely-used name in Norway. Pronounced authentically, with a silent 'g', it becomes much more appealing.
20 Names Similar to Solveig
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Solveig.
Lists containing Solveig
- European Girl Names
- Leo Baby Names
- Unusual International Baby Girl Names
- Stylish Girl Names That End in Consonants
- Unusual, Unique, and Rare Girl Names
- Names That Mean Hope
- Names That Mean Sun
- Names That Mean Strong, Brave or Powerful
- Names That Mean Strong
- Strong Girl Names
- Hot Names That Mean Fire
- Remarkable Weather Baby Names
Famous People Named Solveig
- Solveig HeiloNorwegian singer of band Katzenjammer
- Solveig Ingersdatter GulbrandsenNorwegian footballer
- Solveig DommartinFrench,German actress
- Solveig TorsvikNorwegian politician
- Solveig SollieNorwegian politician
- Solveig KringlebotnNorwegian operatic soprano
- Solveig HorneNorwegian politician
- Solveig NordlundSwedish,Portuguese filmmaker
- Solveig KloppenNorwegian journalist, actress and TV presenter
- Solveig HansenDanish fashion model
- Solveig SlettahjellNorwegian jazz singer
Solveig in Pop Culture
- "Solveig's Song" in Henrik Ibsen's "Peer Gynt," composed by Edvard Grieg
- Solveigmain character in Matthew J. Kirby's "Icefall"
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.