Rip Origin and Meaning
The name Rip is a boy's name of Dutch origin meaning "strength, might".
The name of Rip Van Winkle – and Rip (born Elmore) Torn – will probably never be ready for further consumption, if only because of the implications of R. I. P. It's a short form of names containing the Germanic element rik "strong, mighty".
20 Names Similar to Rip
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Rip.
Lists containing Rip
Famous People Named Rip
- Rip Van DamAmerican politician; acting governor of the Province of New York
- Charles Elmer "Rip" Taylor Jr.American actor
- Elmore Rual "Rip" Torn Jr.American actor
- Rip EsselstynAmerican author and triathlete
- Rip ReukemaAmerican politician from Wisconsin
Rip in Pop Culture
- "Rip Van Winkle" short story by Washington Irving and its main character
- Dr. Rip Studwelldoctor on "The Fairly Oddparents"
- Rip Huntercharacter on TV's "Legends of Tomorrow"
- Rip Ridercharacter in the card game "Mermaid Beach"
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.