Variation of Rachel, Hebrew"ewe"
Rachael Origin and Meaning
The name Rachael is a girl's name of Hebrew origin meaning "ewe".
This form of the Biblical Rachel is well-used despite its somewhat counter-intuitive spelling which can make English speakers think the name should be pronounced with a k sound, as in Raquel. The spelling may be inspired by Michael, but it's pronounced just like Rachel, with a soft ch. Lately it's on the decline, dropping more than 100 places in 2009 and leaving the US Top 1000 in 2013.
20 Names Similar to Rachael
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Rachael.
Lists containing Rachael
Famous People Named Rachael
- Rachael Domenica ScuderiRay, American chef and TV personality
- Rachael Leigh CookAmerican actress
- Rachael CrawfordCanadian actress
- Rachael YamagataAmerican singer,songwriter
- Rachael Elaine HarrisAmerican actress
- Rachael Ann MacFarlaneAmerican voice actress
- Rachael Margaret GrinhamAustralian squash player
- Rachael May TaylorAustralian actress
- Rachael BlandWelsh radio presenter
- Rachael EnglishIrish radio presenter
- Rachael Hogestyndaughter of American actor Drake Hogestyn
- Rachael Louise AxonEnglish football player
Rachael in Pop Culture
- Rachaelcharacter from the sci,fi film "Blade Runner"
- "Murder Me Rachael" a song by The National
- Rachael Braidwoodcharacter from TV series "Resurrection"