Perdita Origin and Meaning
The name Perdita is a girl's name of Latin origin meaning "lost".
A Shakespearean invention for an abandoned baby in The Winter's Tale, Perdita's sense of loss has always been off-putting to parents. But her image was somewhat resuscitated by its association with the appealing canine character in Disney's One Hundred and One Dalmations.
20 Names Similar to Perdita
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Perdita.
Lists containing Perdita
- Unique Baby Names: Unusual and Rare
- Posh Baby Names
- Space Baby Names
- Shakespeare Baby Names
- Cool Baby Names That Start With P
- Disney Baby Names
- Best One-of-a-Kind Names for Girls
- European Girl Names
- Names That Mean Moon
Famous People Named Perdita
- Perdita Rose Annunziata WeeksBritish actress
- Perdita Caroline BuchanAnglo,American novelist
- Perdita FelicienCanadian hurdler
- Perdita Constance HustonAmerican journalist and activist
- Perdita Schaffnerdaughter of the poet Hilda "H.D." Doolittle
- Lady Perdita Rose Mary Asquithdaughter of Katharine and Raymond Asquith
Perdita in Pop Culture
- Perditacharacter in Shakespeare's The Winter's Tale
- Perditadog in Disney's "One Hundred and One Dalmatians"
- Perdita Durangocharacter in films "Wild At Heart" and "Dance With the Devil"
- Perdita Lyfordheroine in Barbara Cartland's book "The Daring Deception"
- Perdita "Perdy" HydeSinclair, character on British soap "Emmerdale"
- "Perdita" novel by Hilary Cunningham Scharper and its main character
- Perditaa soldier in Gregor The Overlander
- Perdita Willoughbythe sister of Viola in The Haunting of Bly Manor and The Romance Of Certain Old Clothes by Henry James.