The name Oriana is a girl's name of Italian, Latin origin meaning "dawn". Oriana and is often added to lists like Badass Princess Names and discussed in our forums with posts like "Adding Then Eliminating -- Girls Themed".
From the experts:
Oriana is a dashing medieval name, with a meaning similar to Aurora. At this point, though, Oriana is much more unusual than Aurora and makes a unique choice if you're search for names that mean new beginnings or dawn.
Strong and exotic, Oriana also has an admirable literary resume. In medieval tales, she was the beloved of the knight Amadis, she appears in at least three seventeenth century plays, and there is an early Tennyson poem called The Ballad of Oriana. Oriana was also sometimes used to refer to Queen Elizabeth I. Oriana Fallaci was a feminist Italian journalist who interviewed many world leaders in the 1960s, 70s, and 80s.
Lists containing Oriana:
- Italian Baby Girl Names Beyond Rosa & Rosetta
- Cool Girl Names From Around the World
- Cool Names with a Strong O
- Best Girl Names Starting with Vowels
- Shimmering New Year's Baby Names
- Names That Mean Hope
- Names That Mean New Beginnings
- Unique Baby Names: Unusual and Rare
- Girl Names Ending with A
- Cool Classic Girl Names — 100+ below the Top 1000
- Badass Princess Names
- January Baby Names
- August Baby Names
- Names That Mean Dawn