The name Oriana is a girl's name of Italian, Latin origin meaning "dawn". Oriana and is often added to lists like Badass Princess Names and discussed in our forums with posts like "AAAAAAAA, BBBBBBBB, CCCCCCCC, Octuplets Name Game".
From the experts:
Oriana is a dashing medieval name, with a meaning similar to Aurora. Strong and exotic, Oriana also has an admirable literary resume. In medieval tales, she was the beloved of the knight Amadis, she appears in at least three seventeenth century plays, and there is an early Tennyson poem called The Ballad of Oriana. Oriana was also sometimes used to refer to Queen Elizabeth I.
Lists containing Oriana:
- Italian Baby Girl Names Beyond Rosa & Rosetta
- Cool Girl Names From Around the World
- The O Names
- Vowel Baby Names for Girls
- New Year's Baby Names
- Baby Names That Mean New Beginnings
- Girl Baby Names That End With A
- Cool Classic Girls’ Names — 100+ below the Top 1000
- Badass Princess Names