Nuala Origin and Meaning
The name Nuala is a girl's name of Irish origin meaning "white shoulders".
Officially a shortening of the traditional and tricky Gaelic Fionnghuala/Fionnuala, Nuala makes a lovely choice all on its own. Nuala is well-used in Ireland.
20 Names Similar to Nuala
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Nuala.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Nuala
Famous People Named Nuala
- Nuala Ní ConchobairQueen Consort of Ulaidh as the wife of Ruaidrí Mac Duinn Sléibe and Princess of Connacht as the daughter of Ruaidrí Ua Conchobair
- Nuala Hydedaughter of Douglas Hyde, first President of Ireland
- Nuala Ní DhomhnaillIrish poet
- Nuala Patricia O'LoanBaroness O'Loan, Irish peer
- Nuala O'FaolainIrish journalist and writer
- Nuala HollowayMiss Ireland 1974; Miss International 1975
- Nuala KennedyIrish composer
- Nuala Ní ChonchúirIrish novelist and poet
- Nuala FennellIrish economist and politician
Nuala in Pop Culture
- Princess Nualacharacter in Hellboy II: The Golden Army
- Nuala Anne McGrailcharacter in mystery novel series by Father Andrew M. Greeley.
- The selkie character in the film The Secret of Roan Inish
- Nualaa character in Sarah J Maas's "A Court of Thorns and Roses"