Scottish nickname"my pet"
Mungo Origin and Meaning
The name Mungo is a boy's name of Scottish origin meaning "my pet".
Mungo is one of the most classic Scottish names but perhaps also among the most difficult names to carry. There is a St. Mungo whose proper name was Kentigern; he is the patron saint of Glasgow.
20 Names Similar to Mungo
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Mungo.
Lists containing Mungo
- Posh Baby Names
- Scottish Baby Names
- Best Scottish Boy Names
- Geek Chic Names for Boys
- Cool Saint Names for Babies
- Saint Names
- Unique Baby Names Ending In O
- Saints' Names For Boys
- Confirmation Names for Boys
- Gaelic Names
Famous People Named Mungo
- Saint Mungo6th,century founder and patron saint of Glasgow, Scotland
- Mungo Park Sr. and Jr.Scottish golfers
- Mungo ParkScottish African explorer
- Mungo William MacCallumAustralian educator and critic
- Mungo Wentworth MacCallumAustralian political journalist and commentator
- Ross "Mungo" McKayAustralian actor
- (Robert Adam) Mungo Simpson MelvinBritish Army officer
- Mungo David Malcolm Murray7th Earl of Mansfield and Mansfield
- Mungo MartinCanadian Kwakwaka'wakw artist, singer and songwriter
- Mungo PontonScottish inventor
- Hugh Mungo GrantBritish actor
Mungo in Pop Culture
- Sir Mungo Malagrowther of Girnigo Castlecharacter in The Fortunes of Nigel (1822) by Walter Scott
- St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuriesfrom the Harry Potter series
- Mungojerriecat in T. S. Eliot's "Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats" and musical "Cats," partner of Rumpelteazer
- Mungo JerryBritish band with the 1970 hit "In the Summertime"