Mona Origin and Meaning
The name Mona is a girl's name of Irish origin meaning "noble good".
Mona had more than a moment in the sun, peaking in 1950 at Number 230 but falling off the Top 1000 completely in the late 1980s. Its similarity to the word "moaner" undercuts the appeal of its simplicity. In one recent year, fewer than 100 baby girls received the name, and we don't see it reviving any time soon.
20 Names Similar to Mona
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Mona.
Lists containing Mona
- Streamlined Baby Names
- Mad Men Names
- Names with Inspirational Meanings
- January Baby Names
- Names That Mean Noble
- Film Noir Baby Names
- Names That Mean Good or Kind
Famous People Named Mona
- Mona von Bismarck (born Mona Travis Strader)American socialite and fashion icon
- Mona JohannessonSwedish model
- Mona Elizabeth SimpsonAmerican novelist; sister of Apple founder Steve Jobs
- Mona GrudtNorwegian beauty queen; Miss Universe 1990
- Mona CharenAmerican columnist and commentator
- Mona BarthelGerman tennis player
- Mona MarshallAmerican voice actress
- Monalisa "Mona" Johnsonparticipant in '60 days in'
Mona in Pop Culture
- Mona Lisapainting by Leonardo Da Vinci
- Mona Melendythe young actress in Elizabeth Enright's Melendy Children series
- Mona Parkermain character in the "Mona the Vampire" series
- Mona Dahlcharacter in "Lolita" by Vladimir Nabokov
- Mona Vanderwaalcharacter in the Pretty Little Liars series
- Mona Robinsoncharacter on TV's "Who's the Boss?"
- MonaRoss's short,time girlfriend on TV's "Friends"
- Mona Kane Tylermother of Erica Kane on American soap "All My Children"
- Mona Milton"maternal nymphomaniac" (and mistress of Ulick Invern) in "Painted Veils" (1920), by James Huneker
- Mona Tibbscharacter on TV's "Salute Your Shorts"
- Mona J. Simpsonmother of Homer on TV's "The Simpsons"
- Lady Mona Trevertoncharacter in "Green City in the Sun," by Barbara Wood
- Mona Bergeronmain character in the 1985 French film "Vagabond (Sans Toit ni Loi)"
- Mona Mayfaircharacter in several novels by Anne Rice
- "Mona McCluskey" TV series and its main character
- Mona Aamons Monzanocharacter in Kurt Vonnegut's "Cat's Cradle"
- Mona Ramseycharacter in the Tales of the City series by Armistead Maupin
- Mona Saxcharacter in the Max Payne series
- Mona Stevenscharacter in "Landfall: A Channel Story" by Nevil Shute and film
- Monacharacter in the WarioWare series of video games
- Monamain character in "Mona Lisa Overdrive" by William Gibson
- "Mona" opera by Horatio Parker
- "The Ballad of Mona Lisa" song by Panic! at the Disco
- The Mona LisaLeonardo da Vinci's famous painting
- "Mona Lisa Smile" movie starring Julia Roberts
- Mona Lisa Sapersteincharacter in "Parks and Recreation"