Meera Origin and Meaning
The story of Meera was the basis of an eponymous Indian historical drama television series in 2009. It's also gotten a boost from HBO's Game of Thrones, in which Meera Reed is a tough, wise character who cares for the disabled seer Bran Stark once he flees Winterfell.
Meera is a shimmeringly lovely name.
20 Names Similar to Meera
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Meera
Famous People Named Meera
- Meera aka Mira BaiIndian mystic poet
- Mother Meera (born Kamala Reddy)Indian religious leader
- Meera (born Irtiza Rubab)Pakistani actress, TV host and model
- Meera Jasmine (born Jasmine Mary Joseph)Indian actress
- Feroza "Meera" SyalBritish comedian, writer & actress
- Meera NandanIndian actress
- Meera ChopraIndia actress
- Meera KrishnanIndian actress
Meera in Pop Culture
- Meera Reedcharacter in George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series
- Meera Malikcharacter on TV's "The Blacklist"
- Meeraminor character on TV's "Orphan Black"
- Meeracharacter on Freeform's "Good Trouble"
- MeeraIranian alternative rock band
- Nickname: Meeri