Mathilda Origin and Meaning
The name Mathilda is a girl's name meaning "battle-mighty".
The addition of the h makes it more Old World, which is not the direction you want to push Matilda in.
20 Names Similar to Mathilda
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Mathilda.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Famous People Named Mathilda
- Mathilda May (born Karima Mathilda Haïm)French actress
- Mathilda Charlotta BerwaldFinnish,Swedish opera singer
- Mathilda Fredrika GelhaarSwedish opera singer
- Mathilda GuezIsraeli politician
- Mathilda Valeria Beatrix d'OrozcoSwedish noble, salonist, composer and poet
- Mathilda MallingSwedish novelist
- Mathilda Ereni Gianopoulosdaughter of actress Molly Ringwald and writer Panio Gianopoulos
Mathilda in Pop Culture
- "Mathilda" novella by Mary Shelley
- MathildaAlice's sister in Disney's "Alice in Wonderland"
- Mathilda McCanncharacter in movie "A Simple Twist of Fate"
- Mathilda Landocharacter in the movie Léon: The Professiona
- Mathildacharacter portrayed by Natalie Portman in the film "Leon: The Professional"