Lucius Origin and Meaning
In the Bible, Lucius is the name of three people; Shakespeare used it for the son of Titus in Titus Andronicus, a young servant of Brutus in Julius Caesar, a lord in Timon of Athens and a Roman general in Cymbeline.
Other fictional bearers of the name can be found in Le Morte d'Arthur, The Golden Ass, Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man, Faulkner's The Reivers, Batman, Talladega Nights, and The Incredibles. Lucius Malfoy, the father of Draco, is a Harry Potter villain, and other Luciuses have been portrayed on screen by Morgan Freeman, Joaquin Phoenix and Luke Wilson.
Real life namesakes include renowned World War II General Lucius B. Clay, and writer, photographer and bon vivant Lucius Beebe.
20 Names Similar to Lucius
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Lucius
- Names from Harry Potter
- Ancient Roman Names for Boys
- Cool Winter Baby Names
- Papal Names
- Cool Boy Names From Ancient Cultures
- Saints' Names For Boys
- Ancient Roman Names
- Cool Biblical Baby Names
- Vintage Boy Names
- Shakespeare Baby Names
- Cool Classic Boy Names — 100+ below the Top 1000
- Biblical Baby Names
- Bible Names for Boys
- Vintage Baby Names
- Brilliant Names That Mean Light
- Magical Christmas Baby Names
- Antique Baby Names Back in Style
- Names That Mean Hope
- Top Baby Names 2021
- TV Character Names
- Pixar Baby Names
- Favorite Names on Nameberry
- Best Boy Names That End in S
Famous People Named Lucius
- Lucius Cornelius Sulla Felix"Sulla," Roman statesman and general
- Lucius Tarquinius Superbusseventh king of Rome
- Lucius Tarquinius Priscusfifth king of Rome
- Lucius Licinius LucullusSenator of the Roman Republic, closely connected to Sulla
- Lucius Septimus BassianuaRoman Emperor known as Caracalla
- Lucius Aurelius CommodusRoman Emperor
- Lucius Aemilius Paullus MacedonicusRoman consul and general
- Lucius VerusRoman Emperor
- Lucius D. ClayAmerican general, postwar administrator of Germany
- Lucius Quintus Cincinnatus Lamar IIU.S. Senator from Mississippi, cabinet member and Supreme Court justice
- Lucius ShepardAmerican SF/fantasy writer
- Lucius of Cyreneteacher at the Antioch church (Acts 13:1)
Lucius in Pop Culture
- Lucius Malfoycharacter from the Harry Potter series and father of Draco Malfoy
- Lucius Foxcharacter in "Batman" series
- Lucius Huntcharacter in movie "The Village" played by Joaquin Phoenix
- Luciusson of Titus in "Titus Andronicus" by William Shakespeare
- Luciusservant in "Julius Caesar" by William Shakespeare
- Luciuscharacter in the game "Fire Emblem"
- Luciuspit crew captain in movie "Talladega Nights," played by Michael Clarke Duncan
- Luciusthe main character in the poem "The Golden Ass" by Apuleius
- Luciuscharacter from poem "Le Morte d'Arthur"
- Lucius the Eternalcharacter in the "Warhammer 40,000" universe
- Lucius Favershamcharacter in the radio comedy "The Penny Dreadfuls Present..."
- Lucius Best/Frozonecryokinetic superhero from movie "The Incredibles"
- Lucius Downcharacter in the Jeff Smith comic "Bone"
- Lucius Lavincharacter from the "Stargate Atlantis" episodes Irresistible and Irresponsible
- Lucius (Luke) Provinea man with the hiccups in "A Bear Hunt" by William Faulkner
- Lucius Petrus Dextruscharacter from the "Doctor Who" episode "The Fires of Pompeii"
- Lucius Vorenuscharacter in TV's "Rome," loosely based on a centurion in Julius Caesar's army
- Lucius Quicka young boy in "The Reivers" by William Faulkner as well as movie adaptation
- Lucius Hogganbecka baby named after the Lucius Quick in "The Reivers"
- Luciuscharacter in the video game "Trinity Universe"
- Lucius Brockwaycharacter in " Invisible Man" by Ralph Ellison
- Lucius Wagnercharacter in video game "Lucius"
- Luciuscharacter played by Ron Randell, in the 1961 film King of Kings
- Luciusa character in 'Fallout: New Vegas'
- Lucius is the aide to President Karst in video game Final Fantasy 11
- Lucius Isaacsoncharacter in "The Alienist"