Lucien Origin and Meaning
The name Lucien is a boy's name of French origin meaning "light".
Sophisticated Gallic version of Lucian, Lucien may appeal to parents attracted to this meaning over that of Lucas and Luke, which have a different root, and also looking for a more unusual choice.
20 Names Similar to Lucien
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Lucien.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Lucien
Famous People Named Lucien
- Lucien BouchardCanadian politician; 27th Premier of Quebec
- Lucien FavreSwiss footballer and manager
- (Marcel) Lucien BarouxFrench actor
- Lucien Alphonse Paul GaudinFrench fencer
- Lucien WolfBritish journalist and historian
- Lucien LaurinAmerican racehorse trainer of Secretariat
- Lucien BonapartePrince of Canino and Musignano; brother of Napoleon I of France
- Lucien CarrAmerican member of the Beat Generation
- Lucien Greavessocial activist
Lucien in Pop Culture
- Lucien Blakecharacter on Australian TV series The Doctor Blake Mysteries
- Lucien Dubenkocharacter on TV's ER
- Lucien aka Dittocharacter in 'The Supernaturalists' by Eoin Colfer
- Lucien Wilbankscharacter in A Time to Kill
- Lucien Lachancecharacter in The Elder Scrolls video games
- Lucien Castlecharacter on TV's "The Originals"
- Lucien Vanserra character in Sarah J. Maas's A Court of Thorns and Roses book series.
- Lucien Boswellcharacter in 1970s British television comedy 'The Liver Birds'
- Lucien Marlowegenderqueer character in the webcomic "Riverside Extras" by Miri Chamberlain