Nickname of Elizabeth, Hebrew"pledged to God"
Lilibet Origin and Meaning
The name Lilibet is a girl's name meaning "pledged to God".
Lilibet is the fanciful short form of Elizabeth first noted as the childhood nickname of Britain's queen and now made contemporary as the name of the newborn daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex -- aka Harry and Meghan. The nickname Lilibet originally derived from Elizabeth II's first pronunciation of her own name. Lilibet also relates to the flower name Lily, and reportedly Harry and Meghan plan to call their daughter Lili. Lili makes a sweet baby sister name for Archie. Thirteen baby girls were named variation Lilibeth in the US in 2020 but fewer than five were called Lilibet. We expect that to change in the 2021 statistics.
20 Names Similar to Lilibet
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Lilibet.
Lists containing Lilibet
- Uncommon Nicknames for Elizabeth
- Vintage Nicknames for Girls
- Flower Names for Baby Girls and Boys
- Royal Baby Names for Your Little Prince or Princess
- Royal Names for Girls
Famous People Named Lilibet
- Lilibetchildhood nickname of Queen Elizabeth II (born Elizabeth Alexandra Mary) of the United Kingdom
- Lilibet FosterAmerican documentary filmmaker
- Lilibet SternAmerican actress
- Odilia Lilibet van de Wouw (b. 2010)daughter of actress Georgina Verbaan and Rob van de Wouw