Lester Origin and Meaning
The name Lester is a boy's name of English origin.
Lester is one of the British surname names that were popular in the US in the early decades of the twentieth century: it was in the Top 100 through 1931, reaching a high of Number 52 in 1906. But dropping of the list in the late 1990s, along with Hester and Sylvester, we don't see much hope for a return visit.
20 Names Similar to Lester
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Lester.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Lester
Famous People Named Lester
- Lester HoltAmerican news anchor
- Lester Bowles "Mike" Pearsonformer Canadian Prime Minister
- Lester Keith PiggottEnglish jockey
- Lester Willis YoungAmerican jazz saxophonist
- Lester del Rey (born Leonard Knapp)American science fiction novelist and editor
- Lester BowieAmerican jazz trumpeter
- Leslie Conway "Lester" BangsAmerican rock music journalist
- (Curtis) Lester Patrick aka LesThe Silver Fox, Canadian ice hockey player
- Lester Garfield MaddoxSr., American politician, governor of Georgia
- Lester B. Pearsonwinner of the Nobel Prize for Peace
- Philip "Phil" Michael LesterEnglish radio presenter and Internet personality
- Lester Raymond "Les" BrownAmerican clarinetist and bandleader
- Lester John Thomas "Les" CostelloCanadian ice hockey player and priest
- Lester William Polsfussbirth name of Les Paul, American guitarist and luthier
- Lester "Les" TremayneAnglo,American actor
- Gerry Lester "Bubba" WatsonAmerican golfer
Lester in Pop Culture
- Lester Burnhammain character of the film "American Beauty"
- Lester "Worm" Murphyfrom the movie "Rounders"
- Lester Nygaardcharacter from the television show "Fargo"
- Archduke Lester DeRossoholder of the Vampire Asterisk in "Bravely Default"
- Lester Papadopoulosmain character in Rick Riordan's The Trials Of Apollo
- Lester McKinleybrother of title character Alice in the Alice book series by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
- Lester the lab ratcharacter in the 90's Children's Educational show "Beakman's World"