The name Inigo is a boy's name of Spanish, Basque origin meaning "fiery". Inigo and is often added to lists like Unique Boy Names and discussed in our forums with posts like "Picky Parents - Sibsets Version".
From the experts:
Inigo, almost unknown in the U.S., is an intriguing choice, with its strong beat, creative and evocative sound, and associations with the great early British architect and stage designer Inigo Jones. The sixteenth-seventeenth century Jones shared his name with his father, a London clockmaker, who received it when Spanish names for boys were fashionable in England, especially among devout Roman Catholics.
Inigo Montoya is a character in The Princess Bride, played by Mandy Patinkin.
The pronunciation is with short i's and a hard g: IN-ih-go.
Lists containing Inigo:
- Three-Syllable Baby Names
- British Boy Names
- Cool Names with a Strong O
- Best Boy Names Starting with Vowels
- Creative Baby Names: Inspired by Artists
- Unique Baby Names for Girls and Boys
- Unusual Baby Names
- Cool Baby Names That Start With I
- Best Cool Unusual Boys' Names
- Unique Boy Names
- Posh Baby Names
- Hipster British Baby Names for Boys
- Unique Baby Names Ending In O
- Bohemian Baby Names
- June Baby Names
- Names That Mean Fire
- Bold Bohemian Names for Boys
- Cool Boys’ Names—Rare, Unique and Unusual