From the experts:
Inigo, almost unknown in the U.S., is an intriguing choice, with its strong beat, creative and evocative sound, and associations with the great early British architect and stage designer Inigo Jones. The sixteenth-seventeenth century Jones shared his name with his father, a London clockmaker, who received it when Spanish names for boys were fashionable in England, especially among devout Roman Catholics.
Inigo Montoya is a character in The Princess Bride, played by Mandy Patinkin.
The pronunciation is with short i's and a hard g: IN-ih-go.
16 names similar to Inigo
These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Inigo. If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Inigo, try our name generator. It allows you to go beyond the similarities of a name, which can provide a lot of inspiration!
Lists containing Inigo
- Unique Baby Names: Unusual and Rare
- Vintage Baby Names
- Cool Boys’ Names—Rare, Unique and Unusual
- Vintage Names for Boys
- Bold Bohemian Names for Boys
- Cool Names with a Strong O
- Artistic Baby Names
- Unique Baby Names Ending In O
- Unique Boy Names: Unusual and Rare
- Names That Mean Fire
- Unusual Boy Names
- Offbeat Baby Names
Inigo in Blog Posts
- Unusual Baby Names: Great names at the bottom of the list
- Literary Baby Names: 77 Quirky Characters from 20th Century Lit
- Zodiac Names: Choices for a Sagittarius baby
- The Best Architecture Baby Names: Decimus, Inigo and Quincy
- June Baby Names: Juniper, Juno and Josie
- Give Me a Name with Swagger and Sass
Inigo is #340 on Nameberry