Anglicized variation of Chaim"life"
Hyman Origin and Meaning
The name Hyman is a boy's name meaning "life".
Hyman was commonly used by first-generation Jewish immigrants to Anglicize Chaim, but similarities to terms like heinie and hymen have taken it out of the realm of modern possibility. The original Chaim would be preferable to Hyman.
Lists containing Hyman
Famous People Named Hyman
- Hyman Arluckbirth name of American composer Harold Arlen
- Hyman George RickoverU.S. Navy admiral
- Hyman Philip MinskyAmerican economist
- Hyman BassAmerican mathematician
- Hyman BloomLatvian,American painter
Hyman in Pop Culture
- Hyman Rothcharacter in the "Godfather" series
- Hyman Krustofskyrabbi father of Krusty the Klown on TV's "The Simpsons"
- Hyman Kaplancharacter in stories by Leo Rosten
More Lists containing Hyman
- Names that mean 'Life'
- 5 Letter Boy Names
- Boy Names Ending in N
- Names That Mean Life
- Names That Mean Variation
- Two Syllable Names for Boys
- Names that Peaked in 1911
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.