Hyman Origin and Meaning
The name Hyman is a boy's name meaning "life".
Hyman is still down at the schvitz with Morty and Myron. Hyman was commonly used by first-generation Jewish immigrants to Anglicize Chaim, but similarities to terms like heinie and hymen have taken it out of the realm of modern possibility. The original Chaim would be preferable to Hyman.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Hyman
Famous People Named Hyman
- Hyman Arluckbirth name of American composer Harold Arlen
- Hyman George RickoverU.S. Navy admiral
- Hyman Philip MinskyAmerican economist
- Hyman BassAmerican mathematician
- Hyman BloomLatvian,American painter
Hyman in Pop Culture
- Hyman Rothcharacter in the "Godfather" series
- Hyman Krustofskyrabbi father of Krusty the Klown on TV's "The Simpsons"
- Hyman Kaplancharacter in stories by Leo Rosten