Hoyt Origin and Meaning
The name Hoyt is a boy's name of English origin meaning "long stick".
Most prominently borne by country singer Hoyt Axton, problematic because of the oy sound.
20 Names Similar to Hoyt
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Hoyt.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Hoyt
Famous People Named Hoyt
- Hoyt Wayne AxtonAmerican singer
- (James) Hoyt WilhelmAmerican baseball pitcher
- Hoyt Patrick TaylorSr., American politician; 21st Lieutenant Governor of North Carolina
- Hoyt Patrick "Pat" Taylor Jr.American politician; 26th Lieutenant Governor of North Carolina
- Hoyt Bricken CorkinsAmerican poker player
Hoyt in Pop Culture
- Hoyt Fortenberrycharacter on TV's "True Blood"
- Hoyt Ambrosecharacter from movie "Accepted"
- Woodrow Hoytcharacter on TV's "Crossing Jordan"
- Hoytsa cinema chain in Australia