Greek literary name
Hecuba Origin and Meaning
The name Hecuba is a girl's name of Greek origin.
Queen Hecuba was the legendary queen of King Priam of Troy, mother of Hector, Paris, Cassandra and others. Euripedes' tragedy Hecuba depicts Hecuba's grief over the death of her daughter Polyxena, and the revenge she takes for the murder of her youngest son Polydorus.
20 Names Similar to Hecuba
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Hecuba.
Lists containing Hecuba
Hecuba in Pop Culture
- HecubaQueen of Troy; wife of King Priam; mother of Cassandra, Deiphebus, Hector, Paris, and Troilus
- Hecubawitch character on TV soap "Passions"
- Variation of Hecatemeaning 'far off'
- "For Hecuba! What's Hecuba to himor he to Hecuba, That he should weep for her?" ,,Hamlet
- (Shakespeare also mentions HecubaTrojan queen and heroine of classical mythology, in Troilus and Cressida, Titus Andronicus, Coriolanus, Cymbeline, and The Rape of Lucrece.)
- HecubaAmerican indie rock band