Gulliver Origin and Meaning
The name Gulliver is a boy's name of Irish origin meaning "glutton".
Gulliver is an obscure Gaelic surname known almost solely through its literary Travels until actor Gary Oldman used it for his son, instantly transforming it into a lively option. British actors Damian Lewis, of Homeland, and Helen McCrory also have a son named Gulliver.
20 Names Similar to Gulliver
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Gulliver.
Lists containing Gulliver
- Great Names for Big Dogs
- Unique Baby Names: Unusual and Rare
- Fancy, Elegant, Sophisticated Baby Names
- Bold Bohemian Names for Boys
- Unusual Irish Boy Names
- Literary Boy Names
- Fancy Boy Names
- Irish Names for Dogs
- Unusual Irish Names
- Names That Mean Trouble
- Baby Names from Books
- Hipster Baby Names
- Geek Chic Names for Boys
- Aries Baby Names
- Literary Baby Names
- Creative Baby Names
- Best One-of-a-Kind Names for Boys
- Best Irish Boy Names
Famous People Named Gulliver
- Gulliver William McGrathAustralian actor
- Kevin Gullifer "Gulliver" SmithAustralian singer,songwriter
- Gulliver RalstonEnglish musician and academic
- Gulliver Flynn Oldman (b. 1997)son of actor Gary Oldman
- Gulliver Lewis (b. 2007)son of British actors Damian Lewis and Helen McCrory
Gulliver in Pop Culture
- "Gulliver's Travels" classic book by Jonathan Swift about main character Lemuel Gulliver
- Gulliver Toscannimain character in anime "Gulliver Boy"
- Gullivera talking raven in the German animated series "Benjamin Bluemchen"
- Gullivera seagull character and sailor in the Animal Crossing video games
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.