Grainne Origin and Meaning
The name Grainne is a girl's name of Irish origin meaning "grain or love".
Grainne is the Gaelic form of the phonetic Grania. It was the name of the ancient grain goddess and also of the fiancee of mythological hero Finn McCool and lover of Dermot who was a heroine of the seas. In the past, the name was anglicized as Grace.
20 Names Similar to Grainne
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Grainne.
Lists containing Grainne
Famous People Named Grainne
- Grainne (or Grace) O'MalleyIrish 16th,century pirate queen
- Grainne MurphyIrish singer of music group Cherish The Ladies
- Gráinne YeatsIrish harpist and singer; daughter,in,law of the poet W.B. Yeats
- Gráinne Louica DuffyIrish singer,songwriter
- Grainne KieransIrish footballer
- Grainne Mary ClancyIrish cricketer
- Gráinne SeoigeIrish TV journalist
- Grainne Maire LeahyIrish cricketer
- Grainne ByrneIrish theatre director
- Grainne O'FlynnCanadian actress of The Gay Woman Channel on YouTube
Grainne in Pop Culture
- Original name of Igraine in "The Mists of Avalon"
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.