Ginevra Origin and Meaning
The name Ginevra is a girl's name of Italian origin meaning "white shadow, white wave".
A lovely alternative for the Jennifer-lover.
20 Names Similar to Ginevra
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Ginevra.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Ginevra
- Top Italian Baby Names
- White Cat Names
- Names That Mean Water
- European Girl Names
- Baby Names from Children's Books
- Popular Italian Baby Names
- Unique Italian Baby Names for Girls
- Girly Girl Baby Names
- Alternatives to Isabella
- Names to Substitute for Josephine
- Sparkling Summer Baby Names
- Literary Baby Names
- Unusual International Baby Girl Names
- July Baby Names
- Unique Girl Names Ending with A
- Uncommon Girl Names in the US
- Literary Girl Names
- Unusual Baby Names
- Feminine Girl Names
- Names That Mean Ocean
- Unique Girl Names
- Names That Mean White or Fair
Famous People Named Ginevra
- Ginevra KingAmerican socialite and debutante; first love of F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Ginevra de Benci15th century Italian aristocrat, subject of a Leonardo da Vinci painting
- Ginevra CantofoliItalian painter
- Ginevra ElkannItalian film director
- Ginevra Sforzawife and counselor of Giovanni II Bentivoglio, lord of Bologna
- Ginevra Gilardinodaughter of Alberto Gilardino & Alice Bregoli
Ginevra in Pop Culture
- Ginevra Molly "Ginny" Potter (née Weasley)character in the Harry Potter series
- Ginevra Fanshawefrom Charlotte Bronte's novel "Villette"
- "Ginevra di Scozia" opera by Simon Mayr
- Princess Ginevra of Scotlandmain character in "Ariodante" by George Frideric Handel
- The Hon. Ginevra Hipsleycharacter in "Hudson River Bracketed" (1929) and "The Gods Arrive" (1932) by Edith Wharton, 'who kept white mice on whose sensibilities she experimented by means of folk,songs accompanied by the accordion'
- "Ginevra degli Almieri" 1935 Italian movie
- Ginevra Galbraithcharacter in Sir Gibbie