Gil Origin and Meaning
The name Gil is a boy's name of Hebrew, Spanish origin meaning "happiness".
Pronounced zheel, it's a dashing conquistador; as gill, it's the nice and slightly boring guy down the street.
20 Names Similar to Gil
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Gil.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Gil
Famous People Named Gil
- Gilbert Allen "Gil" MecheAmerican baseball player
- Gilbert Ray "Gil" HodgesAmerican baseball player and manager
- Gilbert "Gil" GerardAmerican actor
- Gilbert Frank "Gil" AmelioAmerican former CEO of Apple, Inc.
- Gil BirminghamAmerican actor
- Ian Ernest Gilmore "Gil" EvansCanadian jazz pianist
- Gilbert "Gil" ScottHeron, American spoken word poet
- Gil BellowsCanadian actor
- Jaden Gil Agassison of tennis players Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf
- Enrique Mari "Quen" Gil VFilipino Actor
Gil in Pop Culture
- Gilbert "Gil" Grissomcharacter on TV's "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation"
- "Gil Blas" 18th,century novel by Alain,Rene Lesage
- Gil Nexdorcharacter on TV's "Johnny Test"
- Gil Le Fleurcharacter on TV's "Northern Exposure"
- Gil Gundersoncharacter on TV's "The Simpsons"
- Gil Chestertoncharacter on TV's "Frasier"
- Gilbert "Gil" Blythecharacter in L. M. Montgomery's "Anne of Green Gables"
- Gillington "Gil" Webberson of the river monster in "Monster High" show and series