Irish"descendant of foreign helper"
Gallagher Origin and Meaning
The name Gallagher is a boy's name of Irish origin meaning "descendant of foreign helper".
Gallagher is, like so many of its genre, friendly, open, and optimistic. Some might associate it with the fraternal members of the band Oasis, Noel and Liam Gallagher.
20 Names Similar to Gallagher
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Gallagher.
Lists containing Gallagher
Famous People Named Gallagher
- (Leo Anthony) GallagherAmerican comedian
- Gallagher LennonSon of football manager Neil Lennon
- Noel and Liam GallagherBritish musicians of Oasis
Gallagher in Pop Culture
- Gallagherfamily name on television show Shameless, consisting of Frank, Fiona, Philip (Lip), Ian, Debbie, Carl, and Liam Gallagher
- Gallagher & LyleScottish musical duo consisting of Benny Gallagher and Graham Lyle
- Gallagher & Sheanvaudeville act consisting of Edward Gallagher and Al Shean
- Mary Katherine Gallaghercharacter on TV's Saturday Night Live played by Molly Shannon
More Lists containing Gallagher
- Irish Names
- Boy Names Ending in -er
- Irish Names for Boys
- 9 Letter Boy Names
- Boy Names Ending in R
- Names That Mean Descendant
- Names That Mean Helper
- Names That Mean Foreign
- Three Syllable Names for Boys
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.